Saturday, July 18, 2009

introduction


Well here I am getting settled into my new blog. I had one in yahoo which I did not maintain much, and now has been moved to my yahoo profile. I may still have that one in my website at http://www.paulmorrispottery.com/


I am reorganizing, and have always wanted my own little spot since most of my on line work involves the pottery and the marketing of same, which is a partnership with my husband Paul.

People have asked me over the years why it is called Paul Morris pottery and my name is not included somehow. Well Paul is the Potter , and my original plan was to have a sculpture site of my own within the website.


I can say what I want about Paul because he will never read this, since he prefers not to learn how to use the computer. ;-)


Paul is a rare breed of potter that has literally done his craft for his entire working career. He discovered wheel throwing in High School and has done it ever since. I on the other hand am a lot of things besides the decorator of Morris Pottery, and this blog might be the best start for me to share my individual thoughts and opinons that aren't necessarily the views of Morris Pottery as a whole.


Why Green Swamp? Well that is where we live, in east central Minnesota, surrounded on two sides by what has always been known as the Green Swamp, and our home and studio are on the unofficially named "Green Swamp Road." The wetlands surrounding us host a treasure of wildlife, and empty into a lake about half a mile down the road.


Well okay then, now I am blogging, this like all things web related is part of a learning curve for me so bear with me while i get to know the territory and continue post my ramblings. Denise

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogdom green swamp--hope the skeeters stay in the swamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you inspired me to finally start a blog of my own! your little neck of the wood sounds wonderful to me- thank you for sharing (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging Denise. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I'm on a Minnesota swamp too, but I don't think ours has a nice name like your's. It's just The Swamp. Be well.

    ReplyDelete