Monday, January 10, 2011

Mid winter work schedule

I have my winter studio set up at the house. I do get down to the actual studio once a day, but I am sure Paul enjoys some daily private work time as I do.  I can monitor the phone up here and watch movies while I work if I want.  Last night I watched this one" Exit through the Gift Shop" Banksy film     . See the website here 

Having to do with street art and some of the main figures in the field,  this one had an ending that surprised me, at first, but then as I thought about it, was so typical of the way things sometimes work in the art world..



I have some works in progress that are taking over my area,  Here are my two latest. I was inspired to make a dachshund after out visit with friends and their three wiener dogs.  The opossum is a newer resident to the north. It is North America's only native marsupial.  They are very ancient animals,  and are beneficial to a garden in that they eat slugs and other grubs that are pests.   Most people don't like them, but I find them fascinating, and wonder how they are doing this winter.  These two got accidentally left out last night because I conked out, so I am adding finishing touches before they dry any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment