Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter Sunset Charles City IA


Spring is dragging it's feet this year!  I am taking some extra light therapy today as I wait to see what degree of winter weather we get today.  Paul is out opening the kiln at Bill Gossman's pottery in New London.
We are getting ready for an Art show this weekend in Minneapolis.
60 Artists on 50th Cultivated Fine Art Show
1601 W 50th Street
Minneapolis, 55419
MAP

Hours are 10am to 5pm

I will be going along this year and am really looking forward to seeing some people!
My photo above is from my trip to Missouri last week.  It was a wonderful trip, with some business, family, and my last stop in Hannibal MO, was a mini workshop at Ayers Pottery  .  I did some experimental under glazing and slip trailing on planters for a spring show.  I love the set up of their studio/shop. The potter can work and still talk to the people as they come into the showroom in front.

Fred had many nice planters  ready for me to paint on!
 



 
We had a good time on Friday night for "Date Night" participants made pots on the wheel, and I showed them some different decorating techniques.
 
I am hoping to arrange another workshop in Hannibal. There is a teaching studio in the basement with several wheels and a bright cheery atmosphere.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment