Thursday, November 11, 2010

A week to remember

Well this is one country gal that is glad to be home!  For a person that doesn't get out much I have had one heck of a week.
 I had a booth with my rabbit art at the National Rabbit Breeders convention at the Minneapolis Convention Center.  We only had time to set up the booth and leave the boxes for me to set up on Sunday because Lily and I had to get over to First Avenue to see Richard Thompson in concert.  This was my fourth or fifth time seeing him perform , and he never disappoints!  Sunday I got the booth set up and when Lily relieved me from my booth duties,  I hopped on I 35 and buzzed down to Owatonna for the opening of an art exhibit by my best friend of 33 years. Here is an article that appeared in the Owatonna Paper


The rabbit show was great because I got to see some of my old rabbit friends and their beautiful animals. I also got to see every recognized breed of rabbit in the United States.  I was strolling around sketching the animals on Monday morning, and saw this beautiful doe that has my Grand Champion rabbit" Dobie" in her ancestry!
 Tuesday was my birthday and Lily and I shared some great pizza and talked till I conked out.  I got home last night glad to have me and my van in one piece after driving around lost in Minneapolis all week. gah!  but now I am safe at home, and can let all the events sink into memories, great ones! Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment