Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blossoms of spring


This was a huge surprise today! I found it on one of my houseplants. This is on an orchid cactus, but I have only ever had red and pink varieties and when I saw the bud on this one, I thought it looked yellow, but up until yesterday it had enough pink on it for me to think it was just another pink one. I am just mystified as to where it came from. I am wondering if they can change colors or what.
I hit the greenhouses early this year and got these pinstripe petunias. I went to get more and they were gone already!  Our vegetable garden is in, and the new section of raspberries is looking good.  We have had a lot of rain this spring, and I am looking forward to a stretch of dry days so we can make some hay. There are baby bunnies and one of my banty hens is sitting on a clutch of eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment